important good things about farscape
- gender norms??? more like gender BORES farscape has no time for that shit
- male protagonist allowed to emote
- female deuteragonist allowed NOT to emote
- the show almost entirely bypasses the tired “fish out of water” trope i hate so much in newcomer sci fi stories with john and just sort of expects him to roll with it
- and he does! and so do we as viewers. more shows need to trust that their viewers will go along for the ride with them.
- aliens that actually look ALIEN, no rubber foreheads here
- alien behaviors that actually feel ALIEN — see chiana & d’argo’s sex scenes, zhaan’s reaction to light, etc
- WEIRD PLOTLINES that seem genuinely, once again, ALIEN — sometimes to the show’s detriment but often to its benefit
- making you feel as strongly about rubber puppets as you do about the main cast of actors
- claudia black
#ZHAANS REACTION TO LIGHT LMAO#YOU MEAN HER PHOTOSYNTHESIS ORGASMS!!!!!!!!!!#THERES AN ENTIRE EPISODE WHERE SHE DOES NOTHING BC SHES TOO BUSY ORGASMING IN THE SUN WHY ARENT U WATCHING THIS SHOW
#this should be tumblrs forever show there are literally no flaws and NO ONE WATCHES IT #THE FEMALE TO MALE CHARACTER RATIO IS OUT OF THIS WORLD #like eh 3 dudes and 20 LADIES
- visible character development in that when they did an x gets timeswapped into his body in the 1st ep they point out HOW DIFFERENT everyone was back then.
- everyone in leather.
- characters switching sides for personal motivation, not plotclanger purposes
- BODYSWAP EPISODE OF GLORY.
- John being visibly insane by S3/4
- EVERYBODY IN LEATHER.
A main couple who don’t stretch Will They/Won’t They to six seasons, or make it the entire plot of the show.
People making shitty decisions because they’re flawed, self-serving, wonderful, fugitive douchenozzles. People not always being entirely repentant about making those decisions because of aforementioned self-serving douchenozzleness.
Cast/crew commentaries about the shittier episodes and how much they fucking hate them (seriously, if you haven’t listened to the commentary on Jeremiah Crichton, you haven’t lived)
Episodes that were clearly written by people tripping balls.
The kiss in The Flax which is one of the hottest kisses in the history of kissytimes.